There has always been the need to maintain and repair electrical equipment whether it may be in the workplace or simply at home. Various regulations over the years have placed a duty on the employer and employee to maintain electrical equipment in a safe and proper manner. Legislation with relevance to electrical maintenance are
- Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Workspace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Management of Health And Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Try to remember some of these facts
- Over 25% of all reportable electrical accidents involve Portable Electrical Appliances.
- Some electrical appliances may not be to European or British safety standards even though they have the CE marking.
- Thousands of counterfeit goods arrive in the UK every day.
- Multi plug adaptors can cause overloading and fires. Even mobile phone chargers can cause fires.
The appliances above had a serious fault that caused major fires and property damage. This could have been avoided if the appliances had been inspected.
How many dangerous electrical appliances do you have in your workplace? OR YOUR HOME!!!
The answer should be none
But unfortunately if the electrical appliances have not been inspected and tested on a regular basis there could well be dangerous electrical appliances on your workplace that could cause a fire or even death.
It Only Takes a Second to Die or Your next Shock could be your Last.
PATS limited uses the new Megger 420 PAT test instrument that can test 110v, 230v and 400 volt 3-Phase electrical appliances. All assets are inspected & tested to the requirements of the IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 4th Edition. We use our own PAT tag system to identify whether appliances have passed or failed. All certification is provided by Megger PowerSuite and ToolMinder PAT asset management system that prompts for your assets to be retested when required. Our engineers are based in North Nottinghamshire and undertake petrochemical & offshore work.
Please use our contact form or e mail for more information.